Tuesday 26 November 2013

Question Time With Daniel Schuhmacher






The moment everyone has been waiting for! We sent the questions and Daniel Schuhmacher (German Singer/Songwriter) answered them.

Check out the answers right here:


1. Daniel, you are well known in Germany, Austria and Switzerland but for people outside these countries, could you tell us how you started your career in the music industry?
I won season 6 of German Idol in 2009. And I entered the music industry very quickly.

2. Your single ‘Rolling Stone’ has been spreading round the media and all over social media, where did you get your inspiration for this song?
The Song is about my experiences, especially in the last 4 years after the show. Sometimes in Germany, people see you more as a cliche than as a real artist. So you always have to prove that you got ambition to do music and your own thing.

3. ‘Diversity’ is the title of your new album, what makes it different to your other albums?
 It's the first one I wrote by myself with the help of a co-writer and great producers from Hamburg, Cologne, Ulm and the UK. It is all about my life, my experiences and everything I think. The sound is pop-music  with electro (synthesizer) from the 80's but also piano ballades.

4. If you could work with any singer/band in the world, who would it be and why?
There would be many. I blame Coco, the Veronicas, Kelly Clarkson would be a dream come true. But also in Germany we got great and sometimes underestimated artists.

 5. What do you have planned with your music for the rest of this year and 2014?
Do the best promotion I can, 2 Christmas concerts here in Germany, and we are planning my tour for spring 2014. 

6. Is your music available to buy in other countries apart from Germany, Austria and Switzerland?
I guess is possible for example via I-Tunes and when people recognize my music in foreign countries that would be the biggest thing for me.
Cause there they only know my music now and nothing about any cliches (casting act) or something like that.
 Cause there they only know my music and nothing which would show me that musically I'm on a good way :-).

7. Where is the strangest place you have ever had a gig? 
Good question... Hmmm I don't have any crazy place in mind but for me my homecoming concert after Idols was crazy. I played in my hometown, population 12.000 people and in this park there were 16.000 in the audience which was really crazy  and overwhelming. 

8. You sing your songs in English, Why did you choose to do this and what do you find most difficult about doing this? 
I grew up with English pop Music and I always wanted to understand what they sing about so  I studied many lyrics. I guess that’s the reason why I write in English because in music it feels familiar. But sometimes I still need a little bit help ;-)

 9. When you are not performing, rehearsing or writing music, what do you do? 
 I enjoy my life in my hometown where I live again. You can almost call it a small village because it feels like that. I got my family and friends there and that is what Ineed when I’ve got a couple of days off

10. If you could perform in any country in the world, where would you like to perform?
Oh God I guess it would be any country in the world! But I think really special would be the UK because of their amazing pop music culture. There are so many great musicians

2 comments:

  1. A nice and interesting interview of Daniel Schuhmacher. I hope, that he's getting more fans all over the world, because he is such an amazing and powerful human and artist.

    ReplyDelete